The 12th annual Jackalope Loop is a fun run event organized by Black Dog Animal Rescue and High Plains Harriers. This year's event was a huge success thanks to generous local sponsor support and a record-breaking participant total of 249 people! Thanks to all of you!
The race is open to all ages. Runners, walkers, and wheel chair participants are invited. Participants receive a tech shirt and post-race goodies. There will also be awards and door prizes to be given out after the race.
Proceeds from the race will be used to support Black Dog Animal Rescue's mission to help create a No-Kill Wyoming.
The date for the 2014 Jackalope 5k will be posted as soon as it is determined. We are eyeing early May.
The race starts at Optimist Park in West Laramie (Maps). The course meanders on the beautiful greenbelt trail south of Optimist Park. The course is relatively flat with 1/4 mile markers.
- Early Registration (received by April 3rd) is $20. Online registration is now closed!
- Race day and late (after April 3rd) registration is still $20
- Additional $5 discount for High Plains Harriers members)
- Register early to guarantee tech shirt availability! AS OF 8:40 PM ON 4/1/13 WE ARE OUT OF TECH SHIRTS!!!!! YOU MAY STILL REGISTER ONLINE BY APRIL 3RD OR ON RACE DAY BUT YOU WILL NOT BE RECEIVING A SHIRT.
Register online or print an entry form:
℅ Brendon Orr
1264 N 18th St
Laramie, WY 82072
Make checks payable to: Black Dog Animal Rescue
Jackalope 5K Dog Policy
Although we will not turn away people who bring their dogs with them to run or walk the event, we must remain considerate to our race participants. Our goal is to provide a well-organized race with quality timing, awards, and an overall excellent event. In order to meet this goal we have the below rules pertaining to dogs:
- Dog owners must have control over their dog at all times during the event
- All dogs must remain on leash at all times while at the event
- Owners must clean up any dog waste left on or near the race course
- Only well-behaved dogs will be allowed to participate in the event
- Race participants who want to run/walk with their dog(s) must wait at the back at the race start behind runners and non-dog walkers
- If a dog or dog owner is found to be disrupting the event, they will be politely asked to leave the race site as to provide the best possible experience for the general participant population
- Please use common sense and be respectful of others