The race is open to all ages. Runners, walkers, and wheel chair participants are invited. Participants receive a tech shirt and post-race goodies. There will also be awards and door prizes to be given out after the race.
The race will be held on Saturday, April 30, starting at 10:00 AM. Race day registration opens at 9:00 AM and closes at 9:45 AM.
The race starts at Optimist Park in West Laramie (Maps). The course meanders on the beautiful greenbelt trail south of Optimist Park. The course is relatively flat with 1/4 mile markers.
- Early registration adult single (received by April 22nd) is $25
- Race day and late single (after April 22nd) registration is $30
- Early registration child single (12 or younger) is $20
- Race day and late (after April 22nd) child single (12 or younger) is $25
- Early family/team registration (3–5 people) is available for $18.75/per person
- Family/team discounts available for families/teams between 3–5 registered participants
- Additional $5 discount for High Plains Harriers members)
- Register early to guarantee tech shirt availability!
Register online or print an entry form:
Make checks payable to: Black Dog Animal Rescue
Proceeds from the race will be used to support Black Dog Animal Rescue's mission to help create a No-Kill Wyoming.
We anticipate a crowd on race day so we have secured free parking at the Territorial Prison, which is right across Snowy Range Park from Optmist Park. Please feel free to park there if parking isn't available close to Optimist Park on race day.
Jackalope 5K Dog Policy
Although we will not turn away people who bring their dogs with them to run or walk the event, we must remain considerate to our race participants. Our goal is to provide a well-organized race with quality timing, awards, and an overall excellent event. In order to meet this goal we have the below rules pertaining to dogs:
- Owners must clean up any dog waste left on or near the race course!
- Dog owners must have control over their dog at all times during the event
- All dogs must remain on leash at all times while at the event
- Only well-behaved dogs will be allowed to participate in the event
- Race participants who want to run/walk with their dog(s) must yield to other participants during the race and not cut in front of others
- If a dog or dog owner is found to be disrupting the event, they will be politely asked to leave the race site as to provide the best possible experience for the general participant population
- Please use common sense and be respectful of others